Building upon the skills taught in the previous modules, this segment takes a deep dive into strategies for giving & receiving feedback. The process of feedback is both an art and science. This program will share models for creating a safe, constructive dialogue between managers and direct reports that delivers the messages that managers are intending to deliver, while providing an opportunity for direct reports to receive and also provide constructive feedback.
- Recognize the role of the manager in the feedback process
- Identify best practices for giving and receiving feedback
- Learn the “Do’s and Don’ts” of constructive feedback
- Explain the value of empathetic listening and responses.
- Identify the components and approaches for effective meetings and one-on-ones
- How to give feedback to help others improve their performance and the importance of the STAR model
- Setting up a feedback session for success
- Why you should be craving feedback
- How to receive feedback
- Developing agendas and the 6 types of one-on-one meetings
- The continuous feedback model